Creating New Ticket in App
Homescreen > Add Icon > Add Tickets
A user can raise a ticket in two ways with assets or without assets depending on user requirements.
A new screen opens up:
Fill the form fields to create a new ticket.
User can select the asset from the Drop-down as per Location and Category
User can also make it a mandatory field through system configuration
Select the Ticket Type from the Drop-down or the Ticket Type will map according to asset category
Select the user group from the Drop-down or it will be mapped according to the Asset Category, Location, and Ticket Type
Here the person name who is raising the ticket will appear. e.g. - In case of Employee, the person name will automatically be mapped here according to login details. In case of Admin, all the user will be visible only for the selected location which are assigned to the admin. In case of Owner all users will be visible in Drop-down.
A user can also make the field disabled so that no one can change the Reported By. It will automatically be mapped with user details. All this can be done through system configuration
Reported Date & Time
Select the date and time which will be the reporting date and Time for the ticket raised.
User can only select present date or past date, not future date
User can select Asset Location from the Drop-down or it will be automatically mapped as per user roles and permissions
User can also make it a default field, where the user primary location or the asset location comes automatically through system configuration
Select Assignee from the Drop-down for the given ticket or if there is any default Assignee under the user group for the given ticket, it will automatically be mapped in Assignee field
User can also make the field disabled so that no one can change the Assignee. It will automatically be mapped with asset’s category and location, All this can be done through system configuration
Select Priority from the Drop-down or it will automatically be mapped according to the ticket type, location and asset category
It is open text field. User can describe the issue e.g. - the assignee can describe the issue for holding the ticket etc.
User can also hide the description field through system
Select the file from the device and upload it in the application while raising the ticket
User can also add users to be notified other than the users included into the ticket
Notify Reported By
If a user wants the notification to be sent to Reported By, then they can mark the check box. If not needed, leave check box unmarked.
As a default configuration, it comes with a mark in the check box
(If a user want to know more about Ticket Type, User Group, Asset Location, Priority click on...)
From here, user can get to know how the notification works for the ticketing. There are basically four types on which the notification works:
- If there is no assignee assigned at the time of raising the ticket, the created ticket will be reflected under Open Ticket and mail will be sent to all user group (keeping all the user in TO). Another email will be sent to the reported person.
- If a group head is assigned in Manage Ticket, the created ticket will be reflected under Open Ticket and mail will be sent to group head including all user group in CC. Another email will be sent to the reported person.
- If an assignee is assigned as well as group head is there at the time of raising the ticket, the created ticket will be reflected under Assigned Ticket and mail will be send to assignee and group head including all user group in CC. Another email will be sent to the reported person.
- If an assignee is assigned at the time of raising the ticket, the created ticket will be reflected under Assigned Ticket and mail will be sent to assignee including all user group in CC. Another email will be sent to the reported person.
Along with email, user can also get notifications from other sources as explained below:
- SMS: If a user wants the notification to be sent through SMS, this can also be configured through the application.
- Push Notification: If the user wants push notifications, this can also be configured through the application.
If a user raising the ticket does not want to get ticket email notification, they can uncheck Notify Reported By option in the Raise Ticket screen.