To manage inventory first and foremost we need to create item. Inventory items are used to identify, count, and manage physical goods or materials.
- The purpose of manage items is to create
inventory item. Items are used when entering line items in many transaction form.
- The user can view, add, update and
delete an inventory item.
- There are buttons given above the item list.The users can add average price for an
item and unit to measure quantity of the item.
- Add inventory items under categories and
on the Inventory button
tracker and select Manage Items
the user selects Manage Items, the following screen appears:
Enter the details in the respective fields to add an item:
- Item* - Text Field to enter the name of the item
- Category – Categories listed in application will be available as drop-down option. Categories can be created in application settings.
- Average Price – Enter the average price/actual price of single item.
- Asset - Select the asset from drop-down that requires to be linked with inventory item. Asset drop-down has all the assets listed in the application.
- Unit - User can select the unit for the item. Unit field drop-down can be updated in application settings
- Description - Free text field to enter description of the item.
- Upload Files - User can upload files linked to the item.
- Additional Fields - All custom fields created will be displayed under this section.
Click on the save button,
to save the Item details. Item created will be updated in the grid on the same
page. The user can filter items using Asset, Category and Other specific field
through filters present above the grid.
The grid will display the following entities:
1. Item - Name of the Item
2. Unit - Unit for the Item.
3. Average Price - Average Price of the Item
4. Description - Description added for the item will be displayed in grid.
5. Asset Code - Asset Code
6. Asset - Name of Asset to which item is tagged
7. Asset Category - Name of Asset Category to which item is tagged
8. Files - Files attached with the item.